At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for our 2020 pageant. Please check back in July, when we will start accepting applications for our 2021 pageant.
The 2020 Team Seattle competition will be held February 15, 2020 at the Renton Ikea Performing Arts Center.
To start your journey to the crown please complete the application below, when it becomes available, and a member of the Board of Directors will e-mail you with more information about the competition, dates, requirements, etc.
We will announce the date for our contestant orientation shortly. It is STRONGLY encouraged for all interested contestants to attend this informational meeting to meet the board of directors, meet the other contestants, hear about what it means to be part of Team Seattle from our current titleholders, learn about the phases of competition, paperwork requirements, and have the opportunity to ask questions. This meeting is generally held in late November or early December.
The 2020 Application Window will open on August 21, 2019 and will close again sometime in December 2020.
Miss America Organization Applicant Guidelines
- Must have never been married.
- Must have never had any children.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be between 13-17 years old, unless a non-graduated senior in high school.
- Must live or attend school full-time in Washington state. Further requirements to be announced upon release of information from the Miss America Organization.
Miss Seattle Applicants*
- Must have been born on or after January 1, 1995
- Must have lived, worked, or attended school in the Greater Seattle Area. Further requirements to be announced upon release of information from the Miss America Organization.
Miss Emerald City Applicants*
- Must have been born on or after January 1, 1995.
- Miss Emerald City applicants must have lived, worked, or attended school in Washington state. Further requirements to be announced upon release of information from the Miss America Organization.
*Format of the Team Seattle Competition
All teen applicants are grouped together and Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen and Miss Emerald City’s Outstanding Teen are chosen from the same group of applicants. If the required number of contestants is not met, only the Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen title will be awarded. The title of Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen and, if awarded, Miss Emerald City’s Outstanding Teen, are not assigned based on ranking in the competition. Once the two winners are identified by auditors, the titles are then assigned based on several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location within the state and geographic location in relation to the corresponding Miss titleholder’s place of residence.
Miss applicants are separated into two distinct groups, Miss Seattle and Miss Emerald City. Applicants are only competing within their group. Some applicants may be eligible for more than one group. If eligible for more than one group, the executive director will place the applicant in the group that best balances the number of applicants competing for each title. An applicant’s preference for one group over another may be considered, however the group placement is at the discretion of the executive director.