If you’d like more information about competing, please complete the application below and a member of the Team Seattle Board of Directors will contact you! This does not commit you to compete, but simply lets us know that you are interested and would like more information.
Miss America Organization Applicant Guidelines
- Must have never been married.
- Must have never had any children.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be between 13-17 years old, unless a non-graduated senior in high school.
- Must live or attend school full-time in Washington state.
Miss Seattle Applicants*
- Must have been born on or after January 1, 1994
- Must have lived, worked, or attended school (1 semester as a full-time student) in the Greater Seattle Area for a minimum of 6-months prior to the competition date.
Miss Emerald City Applicants*
- Must have been born on or after January 1, 1994.
- Miss Emerald City applicants must have lived, worked, or attended school (1 semester as a full-time student) in Washington state for a minimum of 6-months prior to the competition date.
*Format of the Team Seattle Competition
All teen applicants are grouped together and Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen and Miss Emerald City’s Outstanding Teen are chosen from the same group of applicants. If the required number of contestants is not met, only the Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen title will be awarded. The title of Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen and, if awarded, Miss Emerald City’s Outstanding Teen, are not assigned based on ranking in the competition. Once the two winners are identified by auditors, the titles are then assigned based on several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location within the state and geographic location in relation to the corresponding Miss titleholder’s place of residence.
Miss applicants are separated into two distinct groups, Miss Seattle and Miss Emerald City. Applicants are only competing within their group. Some applicants may be eligible for more than one group. If eligible for more than one group, the executive director will place the applicant in the group that best balances the number of applicants competing for each title. An applicant’s preference for one group over another may be considered, however the group placement is at the discretion of the executive director.